SPF 50 Tinted Lotion with EarthWell Zinc Technology
Amavara® sunscreen provides you with better sun protection. Our versatile SPF 50 Mineral Tint Sunscreen is formulated for daily use on a wide range of skin tones. Try adding this tinted daily defense lotion to your morning routine so you can stay moisturized and protected wherever life takes you.
Formulated with a high concentration of non-nano zinc oxide (22.5%) as the only active sunscreen ingredient. We’ve cracked the code to the new standard in sunscreen. Go ahead, be Overly Protective®.
*Shake before use and tilt downward while applying.
· Reef Safe- NO reef damaging chemicals octinoxate and oxybenzone
· Environmental Protection – Everyday protection from pollutants that can cause visible premature aging
· Light mineral tint that rubs in clear
· Naturally sourced: 100% non-nano zinc oxide
· Broad Spectrum Protection (UVA/UVB)
· Silky smooth feel
· Water resistance (80 minutes)
· Can be applied while sweaty or wet
· Dermatologist Tested/ Pediatrician Tested
· Safe for Sensitive Skin*
· Non-eye irritating**
· Vegan - Cruelty-Free
· No artificial colors
May Stain Clothing. For best results apply to skin and allow to set for 15 minutes to reduce potential color transfer.
* Skin Irritation/Sensitization Evaluation ** EpiOcular Eye Irritation Test (EIT)
Amavara lotions are delivered to you in a top-of-the-line airless pump, meaning your sunscreen will never separate, oxidize OR burst open during travel. These steps will help to properly prime your new pump!
1. With the cap cover in place over the pump, invert the container upside down and tap firmly 4‐5 times. (This will force the liquid up into the actuator and create a vacuum). You can also "shake" the liquid down toward the tip.
2. Position the container with the dispenser side down.
3. Remove the cap, and with the nozzle away from your face, press the pump until all the air has been evacuated. You should feel the pump gain pressure as it engages.
4. Dispense the product directly onto the area you wish to protect. And remember, a little goes a long way!
*Please note: It may take several pumps to completely prime the pump to allow the actuator to deliver product.
Zinc Oxide (22.5%)
Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/ Acrylates Copolymer, Polyglyceryl-3 Sorbityl Linseedate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Hydroxyacetophenone, Iron Oxides, CI 77492, Disteardimonium Hectorite, 1,2 Hexanediol , Caprylyl Glycol, Polymethylmethacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), Glycerin, Bisabolol, Triethyl Citrate, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Benzylidene Dimethoxydimethylindanone, Iron Oxides, CI 77499, Fragrance , Cerium Oxide, Aluminum Oxide, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract.
AMAVARA AIRLESS PUMP EDUCATION
Your tinted mineral sunscreen SPF 50 works great. No sunburn!
This is really great sunscreen, it looks a bit dark coming out but doesn't end up showing on my fair/light skin. Oddly, it does seem to give a little bit of coverage as well in that it blurs dark circles and the like without looking like make up. It holds up well, though I haven't gone swimming in it, I have sweated a lot. Highly recommend to sunscreen freaks out there! By the way, it annoys me that the review request defaults to 5 stars, but I would give it that.
Holds up in water but lots of chemicals in mix. Not sure if they are ok?...
Great sunscreen! I have some redness and it covers it up and gives me sun protection. Only thing I wish is that I knew the PA++ rating on this other tit's perfect its perfect.
PROS: I have tried SO many zinc-oxide sunscreens. Most of them are difficult to rub in, leave me practically glow in the dark from the white pasty residue and stain my clothes/bathing suit. This is not the case with amavara. I've only found two brands who carry tinted zinc sunscreen and amavara is the only one that does not leave me greasy or pasty! I also love that it is a small business and made in the USA.
CONS: The only things I wish I could change are the price, plastic and size! I discovered amavara through an instagram ad Kimi Werner posted. She was using a large pump dispenser bottle so I thought they might sell their products in large quantities, which I would prefer! I live in a beach town so theses 1.65 oz-3.0 oz bottles aren't going to be economically feasible for me all summer. Even a 16 oz would be great. As for the plastic I appreciate that they have made the switch to 100% post-consumer recycled plastic. I have bought other sunscreens in metal tins but I am assuming they may not use this packaging because it wont suit their product. For those reasons I give the product four stars.
Overall, product-wise I would say amavara is the best zinc-oxide sunscreen on the market and it is worth buying as you can afford!